The GAC® has 13 speciality Divisions, which are made up of GAC® Members interested in specific branches of geoscience or who may be concerned with the application of geoscience to specific fields of endeavor. Our Divisions are an integral part of the GAC®, and regularly contribute special sessions and short courses at our annual GAC-MAC. Our Divisions also reward excellence in geoscience through a number of grants and awards, and regularly publish books and newsletters and organize fieldtrips, lectures, short courses, meetings and other events.
More information on our Divisions are available following the links below.
- Canadian Geomorphology Research Group
- Canadian Sedimentology Research Group
- Canadian Tectonics Group
- Environmental Earth Science Division
- Geomatics Division
- Geophysics Division
- Isotope Sciences Division
- Marine Geosciences Division
- Mineral Deposits Division
- Paleontology Division
- Planetary Sciences Division
- Precambrian Division
- Volcanology and Igneous Petrology Division